CANDIDATES FORUM ~ Anne Basker AuditoriumName: CANDIDATES FORUM ~ Anne Basker AuditoriumDate: April 19, 2018Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM PDTEvent Description:CANDIDATES FORUM
• Judge of the Circuit Court, 14th District, Position 5
• Josephine County Commissioner Candidates
The Daily Courier and the Grants Pass / Josephine County
Chamber of Commerce will present a Candidate Forum.
A panel will ask candidates questions prepared by the Daily Courier and
the Chamber. Then, the panel will field written questions from the audience
and ask candidates some of those.
Anne G Basker Auditorium, 500 NW 6th St., Grants Pass
Seven candidates for seat on the Josephine County Board of Commissioners
and three candidates for new positions on the Josephine County Circuit Court.
Commissioner candidates include the following:
• Darin Fowler of Grants Pass, an electrician and Mayor of Grants Pass;
• Pete Gendron , a Sunny Valley medical marijuana grower and President of the
Oregon SunGrowers Guild;
• Ken Hannum of Grants Pass, a self-employed contractor and former
Grants Pass City Councilor;
• Mayana Kingery of Grants Pass, a self-employed organizational consultant
and community organizer;
• Donald F. Myrick Jr. of Grants Pass, a former banker and member
of the District 7 School Board;
• James Rafferty of Selma, owner of Hardwoods Plus;
• Ron Smith of Grants Pass, a supervisor at Western Signs Systems.
Judicial candidates for a newly created position on the Josephine County
Circuit Court bench:
• Matt Corey, a Deputy District Attorney;
• Matthew Galli, a Grants Pass Family Law and Criminal Defense Attorney;
• Amanda Thorpe, a Grants Pass Family Law Attorney.