MEMORIAL DAY 2020
BOATNIK RACE DAY PROTOCOL SCHEDULE
11:00 Park closed, traffic detail in place at entrance(s) and parking lot
Bell in place behind Pavilion
11:15 Participants arrive
11:30 Flag rolled up and secured on bridge
11:40 Wreath boat and wreath detail at loading dock
11:45 Rifle salute detail on upper Southeast river bank
Bagpipers on upper Southwest river bank
National Anthem singer at Pavilion
Bugler on upper Southwest river bank
Chaplain at Pavilion
11:50 Honor detail on river banks (both sides)
11:55 Wreath boat positioned upstream
12:00 National anthem sung
Flag unrolled during national anthem
12:02 Benediction by chaplain
Boat moves into position for wreath laying
12:04 Moment of silence (15 seconds) – bell rung 3 times (5 second intervals)
Wreath laid in river during moment of silence
3-volley rifle salute after moment of silence
12:06 Taps played by bugler after rifle salute
12:07 Amazing Grace played by bagpipers after Taps
12:10 F-15 flyover occurs
Hydro carries flag down river
2020 MEMORIAL DAY CEREMONY COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
1. No participants will gather in groups larger than 10 people. Move directly to your assigned location upon arrival and do not congregate.
2. Participants without speaking or playing roles will wear masks. Those who do have such roles will also wear masks and only remove masks as necessary to perform their role.
3. Participants will avoid any person-to-person physical contact.
4. Audio-visual support will emplace sufficient microphones in a manner that minimizes interaction between ceremony participants.
5. Participants will comply with guidance from city and law enforcement personnel assisting with the ceremony.
6. Park and entrances will be closed to the public from NLT 11:00 a.m. to NET 12:30 p.m.
7. Traffic / parking lot security will discourage public from entering area adjacent to ceremony and will ensure that only ceremony participants or city personnel performing their official duties are allowed access to the park.
8. Bridge detail will discourage public from gathering on bridge or using east side pedestrian access.
9. Only participants will be allowed at the ceremony. No friends or family.
10. Where reasonably possible, individuals within groups will maintain 6 feet of distance. GPAC honor detail at the edge of both sides of the river will maintain 6 feet of distance between individuals.