The Josephine County Community Development department has an opening for either an Assistant or Associate Planner. To apply you will need to go to our Job Opportunity website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/josephine.
Open until filled. The first review of applicants will be 11:59 pm on 9/11/19 and every two weeks following.
Some of the duties of these positions are:
- Interprets and administers a select range of county, state and federal land use ordinances, laws and rules.
- Respond to questions from the public related to land use, land development, and zoning.
- Staff the front counter and issue ministerial land use permits to customers.
- Communicate with and be a resource to other planning staff, county departments, city, state, and federal agencies concerning land use information and regulations.
- Perform pre-application reviews and processes applications for site review, property line adjustments, land partitions, variances, home occupations, or other applications.
- Perform field investigations to gather information regarding land characteristics to determine the ability of land to support specific uses, to include an assessment of appropriate conditions of development and/or operation.
- Research records and other sources, analyze data obtained and prepare written and visual demonstrations based on this work.
- Prepare maps, charts, and other visual aids. May prepare and present staff reports at public hearings, and represent the planning office in other agency, civic or legal forums.
- Other duties as assigned.