To apply visit our Job Opportunities website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/josephine
The Josephine County is currently hiring a Juvenile Justice School Outreach Officer.
The Outreach Officer serves as a catalyst in the community for partnership development and coalition building. Responsible for activities to achieve the goals of the County's Prevention Plan that includes Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug (ATOD) Prevention and Problem Gambling Prevention. The primary focus is to be a resource and to coordinate, mobilize, and sustain community prevention efforts. The Outreach Officer will also perform casework and supervision of non-adjudicated youth. Primary duties include the investigation, evaluation, counseling, mentoring and guidance of youth including:
- Receive and evaluate referrals of truancy and behavioral issues.
- Conduct investigations into the juvenile's background and family situation that includes contacts with other agencies, law enforcement officials, schools, parents or guardians.
- Work with school districts to develop partnerships at all levels (k – 12) in coordinating local prevention strategies at individual school.
- Provide support, both crisis and other for families and juveniles individually. Facilitate education or cognitive-behavioral groups for juveniles and parents.
- Collaborate with other community groups and organizations, including but not limited to, schools, community corrections, juvenile justice and other related organizations. Perform education and outreach to potentially at-risk populations for alcohol and drug abuse in order to educate those groups around substance abuse treatment and recovery topics tailored to the individual groups' needs. Educate the broader community on these issues as well as begin the process of promoting potential initiation and engagement in treatment services within these populations.
The job posting is open until filled. The first review of applications will be 11:59 pm 6/17/19.