Direct Support Professional
Do you want to make a positive change in your life and in others? As a Direct Support Professional, you will be more than a caregiver. You will help adults with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities live the life they choose as they actively participate in our community. Southern Oregon Aspire is a non-profit organization located in Grants Pass. We are hiring Direct Support Professionals for our residential programs, starting at $14.00/hr. FULL-TIME, PART-TIME and SUB positions are available.
Generous Company Paid Benefits:
- Medical (Full Time)
- Dental (Full Time)
- Life Insurance (Full Time)
- Short Term Disability
- Employer matched Retirement program
- Paid Time Off
- Fully paid training
While there’s not typical day for a Direct Support Professional, some of the things you may do each day include:
- Providing personal support, skills training, and assistance to individuals in their residence.
- Assisting with daily living activities, including preparing meals and assisting with personal hygiene.
- Developing safe, supportive relationships.
- Assisting and maintaining a clean, safe, living environment.
- Performing personal support as needed. This may include assistance during mealtime, bedtime, dressing, bathing, peri-care, and physical transfers using approved techniques and equipment.
- Providing transportation and assistance so individuals can live the life they choose and be an active part of the community.
- Assist people to lead self-directed lives and to participate fully in our communities